Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Checking In

Just thought I would check in, I just wish I had more of an update.  Last week I called the FBI and the rep I spoke with, told me to call back this week to see if our fingerprints were approved.  Well, yesterday I checked in and heard something completely different!   This time, the woman on the line said it might take up to 12 weeks from this point!  Oh no.  That is not what I understood.  So, my balloon was deflated... but I know  this is a long road and just part of the process. 

Also still also waiting for our home study approval.  This Friday will mark 5 weeks since it was completed.  Here again, I have to fight discouragement because I was hoping it would've been wrapped up by now.  Due some some changes, it was kicked back and I have a feeling when it was re-submitted, it went to the bottom of the pile.     So, we can't apply for Grants or move forward on our dossier until that is done.  I am hoping it will come this week though.

Emotionally, I am still adjusting to the ups and downs of this journey.   When we pray, the boys will always include "Mary Grace" (our daughter?!) and that makes it seem more real.  I dream about her face and wonder when we will see her.  Sometimes it feels like it will never happen and I am just living in some pretend, fantasy and that scares me a little.   If it's not for another two years or so, should I even be letting my heart get attached so soon?   I kind of fluctuate from feeling excited, to feeling disenchanted and wanting to distance myself from the process.    My reasoning is that the more detached I am, the less disappointed I will be at setbacks and delays, and once we actually SEE her, then I can allow myself to get excited.   This is all so new and confusing at times.      

Anyway, I ran across this video and it's fantastic!   I posted something similar a while back, but I think the quality is even better and more engaging.  Here is the description from Mental Floss:
"1,000 Years of Polish History in Eight Minutes
   "This might be the coolest animated short I’ve seen … ever. It was created for the 2010 World’s Fair in Shanghai (hence the Chinese characters that appear now and again), and features no dialogue, just a lot of crazy battles and political maneuvering that make the most dramatic made-up story you can imagine seem tame by comparison. You’ve had a crazy millennium, Poland — let’s hope the next one’s a little easier."

2 comments:

  1. I think you can't help but get attached to even the idea of a child that will be yours. Our homestudy took 4 months. The social worker was on vacation for a while during the process, etc. Then it was sent to St. Mary's just before Christmas...which meant another vacation. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our home study took about 4 months total also, but I think our social worker kind of dropped the ball on that one. In the end it didn't matter, it took us 7.5 months to get everything together & appostiled. We sent everything to Lina in early Jan 2007, she sent it to Poland the next day, and then..........the next stage of waiting until the end of Nov for our son's referral. It is hard to detach yourself, but it may help a little with the early parts of waiting. It will all work out & you will have your daughter at the end of this journey!

    ReplyDelete

Voting

Followers